- To promote the understanding and reputation of hair restoration surgery in the United Kingdom.
- To foster the communication of information relating to hair restoration surgery amongst members, other practitioners and other professional bodies.
- To advance all aspects of the professional practice of hair restoration surgery to high standards of competence, conduct and ethics and to promote education in appropriate skills.
- To represent members, to assist members to protect their interests, and to offer members support in matters relating to hair restoration surgery practice.
- To determine the appropriate membership category for persons with an interest in hair restoration.
- To promote the knowledge of the purpose and membership of the Association.
- To affiliate to or become a member of and to encourage affiliateship with or membership of associations or societies whose objects are similar to those of the Association, both in other countries and trans-nationally.
- To organise and conduct scientific programs and meetings for the benefit of members of the Association and maintain appropriate databases and records relating to the Associations objects.
ISHRS GLOBAL COUNCIL MEMBER
The British Association of Hair Restoration is a member of the Global Council of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).
The purpose of the ISHRS Global Council, which was founded in 2013, is to create unity in the field amongst the leaders of the national hair restoration surgery societies.
The Global Council provides a forum for exchange to discuss issues in hair restoration surgery facing the various countries and is used as a sounding board, to ask advice, and as a support for the member societies. The ISHRS may use the Global Council to assess specific member needsof a particular country, to assess trends, and to determine ways to attract new members from the various countries.
Member societies may wish to work together on future educational programs or help each other in promoting their meetings (e.g. swapping mailing labels, listing each others meetings in society newsletters and website, exchanging website links. The Global Council is treated as an ISHRS committee, as far as being listed in the ISHRS directory and meeting annually at the ISHRS annual meeting.